Educate Group are working on behalf of a wonderful Special Needs school in Flintshire on a supply (temporary) basis which could lead to long term
Qualifications are not compulsory for this role, your personality, work ethic and life skills are more important to us and we can offer training
Teaching Assistant training available
To work in an Additional Learning Needs (ALN) role you will need:
- Experience in caring for others
- A fun personality and the willingness to be silly
- Happy to work with a wonderful team
- A loving and caring nature
- Excellent references
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
- An open mind and caring personality
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty an appetite for plenty of job satisfaction
- A DBS and EWC registration- Educate can support with this
We are always looking for applicants who have particular experience in working with people classified as having:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities (PD).
If this sounds like you please get in touch so that we can potentially offer you immediate work based on the completion of the required compliance documentation enhanced DBS, work references and registration with EWC
Benefits of joining the Educate Group:
- Run by a leading team of experienced Teachers, Senior Leaders and Support Staff with over 85+ years of combined education experience.
- Committed to providing employment, free coaching, training and support to our team of staff.
- Work as often and flexibly as you like to achieve a work-life balance
- Build relevant classroom-based experience with reputable schools across the area
- Opportunity to apply for your initial teacher training with Educate ITT and one of their link schools.
- Opportunities to move into a permanent position – should one become available.
Responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant:
- Support the teacher in preparing classroom materials.
- Assist individual students and manage student behaviour.
- Assess progress and provide feedback.
- Create a positive learning environment, providing support during activities.
- Help with administrative tasks.
- Follow school policies and procedures.
Requirements of a Teaching Assistant:
- No qualifications are required, although good standards of literacy and numeracy are needed.
- Experience working with children or young people would be beneficial.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Registrations required to be a Teaching Assistant:
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service, but if you do not have one, you can apply for a new one through Educate.
- You must register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council) to work in Wales.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, as we cannot offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
- We are a member of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation).
- The Educate Group are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 48 hours.
- A higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required job role or subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If you want to know more about the Educate Group and the current opportunities, don’t hesitate to contact one of our team on 01978 281881.
Hours Full Time