Are you looking for a Secondary Teaching Assistant role?
The Educate Group are actively seeking strong, confident and ambitious primary teaching assistants to join our expanding team.
- Can you build strong, professional and positive relationships with children and adults of all ages?
- Have you reached a crossroads and looking for a new opportunity and potential career in education?
- Are you driven, compassionate, and dedicated to ensuring all children succeed in their education?
- Would you like to work in schools close to and around the Frodsham area?
Whether you are looking for long term or day to day supply, free training and qualifications, we are eager to hear from you!
If you are considering a long-term role in education, this role provides an opportunity to secure long-term and a permanent contract of employment.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of teachers; we have walked in your shoes and worked in your world.
As a team, we have over 65 years of combined teaching and senior leadership experience and taught across all education sectors. We use our understanding of the education system to help provide you with day-to-day, short and long-term opportunities in schools across North Wales, Cheshire, and Shropshire.
You will often find us working as Teaching Assistants alongside our supply staff in schools providing experience, support, and a platform to showcase your strengths in the hope of gaining permanent employment. Who better to support you in your career?
What will I be expected to do as a Teaching Assistant?
Your role will involve supporting pupils, either one-to-one or as part of a small group, to help ensure they get the most out of their education. You will be involved in setting up equipment, preparing materials for lessons and recording their achievement and progress. You will support and assist the class teacher in promoting positive behaviour and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their actions.
What qualifications do I need to be a Teaching Assistant?
No relevant qualifications, but a good standard of maths and English is necessary. However, a relevant NVQ/CACHE/BTEC, Higher Level Teaching Assistant or undergraduate degree would be beneficial.
What skills or qualities do I need to be a Teaching Assistant?
The schools we work with are looking for committed and compassionate teaching assistants capable of working collaboratively as a team. You will be capable of building nurturing relationships with pupils and have empathy for supporting children with varying support requirements and needs.
What experience do I need to be a Teaching Assistant?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child-based experience through anyone of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor, Sports Coach
- Volunteering as part of university study or college course
- Youth or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRUs)
What registrations do I require?
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (if not, you can apply for a new one through Educate)
- If you wish to work in Wales, you will need to register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council)
Benefits of working with the Educate team
- Free training from our team of experienced teaching staff
- Mentoring and support from our team of dedicated teachers and senior leaders
- Choice of day-to-day, short and long-term roles
- Opportunities to secure a permanent position with no ‘temp to perm’ restrictions
- Free social events as a way of saying thank-you
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K.
- We cannot offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits.
- We are a member of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation)
- The Educate Group are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 – 7 working days.
- A higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment or qualifications requested as part of the job role.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If this job is not quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please call us for a confidential discussion on 01978 281881.
Hours Part Time