Teaching Assistant – Primary Education
The Educate Group are actively looking for experienced primary school Teaching Assistants seeking flexible opportunities across Wrexham. Do you…
- posses relevant child based experience
- want to establish a love of learning in children from a young age?
- aim to utilise active learning approaches and use the outdoor learning environment to engage pupils in their learning?
We prioritise your career development, offering flexible teaching support roles. You make learning through play, fun – let’s work together.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of educators… We have walked in your shoes and worked in your world.
Educate Group was created by a team of highly experienced, like-minded individuals, with a shared vision to create a truly unique and powerful end-to-end support service for educational settings. We pride ourselves on recruiting high quality staff for schools, providing sector leading teacher training pathways and creating bespoke alternative provision packages for young people. Each member of the Educate team brings a unique and varied skill set to the organisation, having worked in a wide range of educational settings.
What will I be expected to do?
As a Teaching Assistant your role will involve providing 1:1 and small group support for young people to get the most out of their education. You will also be involved in setting up equipment, preparing materials for lessons and the recording of their achievement and progress. You will be expected to support and assist the Teacher in the promoting of positive behaviour and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions.
What qualifications do I need?
No relevant qualifications apart from GCSE passes (or equivalent) in both maths and English. However, a relevant NVQ/CACHE/BTEC, Higher Level Teaching Assistant or undergraduate degree would be beneficial.
What skills or qualities do I need?
You will have an interest in teaching and supporting children, an abundance of patience and strong interpersonal skills. You must be empathetic and sensitive to the additional challenges that a young person may be facing that affects their learning.
What experience do I need?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child based experience through anyone of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor
- Sports Coach
- Volunteering as part of university study
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU’s)
- ALN/SEND Schools
What registrations do I need to hold?
A clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service and registration with the EWC (Education Workforce Council). A new DBS can be processed through Educate.
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free Teaching Assistant training from our own experienced team of staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted PGCE/SCITT opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying ‘Thank You’
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 – 7 working days.
- Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on 01978 281881.
Hours Full Time