Secondary School Cover Supervisor
- Do you enjoy working with young people and considering a career in education?
- Would you class yourself as a flexible and resilient team player?
- Are you a graduate and in need of classroom experience for your Initial Teacher Training application?
Educate are recruiting Cover Supervisors to join their existing and committed team of support staff, who work closely with secondary schools across the area. Cover Supervisors are integral to providing continuity to children’s learning and development in the absence of the teacher.
We can provide you with free regular training and paid opportunities in secondary schools across the area. You have the freedom to work as little or as often as you like, and what’s more, you can apply for your initial teacher training with Educate ITT through one of their link schools.
Benefits of joining the Educate Group:
- Led by experienced educators with over 85+ years of combined education experience
- Provides staffing solutions to schools with a commitment to high-quality support for partner schools
- Offers flexible work arrangements to achieve a work-life balance
- Provides opportunities to build relevant classroom-based experience with reputable schools in the area
- Offers free regular training from a team of educators
- Opportunity to apply for initial teacher training with Educate ITT and link schools
- Potential for permanent job placement if available.
Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
- Supervise classes and deliver pre-prepared lessons in the absence of a teacher
- Ensure that students are engaged, motivated and on task
- Manage any behaviour issues that may arise
- Follow school policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records of student progress
Requirements of a Cover Supervisor:
- A degree or Level 3 qualification with solid standards of literacy and numeracy
- Experience working or volunteering with children or young people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility and adaptability
Registrations required to be a Cover Supervisor:
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service, but if you do not have one, you can apply for a new one through Educate.
- You must register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council) to work in Wales.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, as we cannot offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
- We are a member of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation).
- The Educate Group are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 48 hours.
- A higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required job role or subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If you want to know more about the Educate Group and the current opportunities, don’t hesitate to contact one of our team on 01978 281881.
Hours Full Time