Cover Supervisor – PGCE Experience
Are you a recent graduate? Are you looking for a flexible school-based role with a manageable workload? Do you want to work for a company that prioritises your well-being?
If so, The Educate Group are looking for a Cover Supervisor who can work across the curriculum. You are flexible according to the needs, type and age-phase of the school. You are dynamic and self-motivated, with the confidence to lead a classroom. You have child-based, transferable skills that enable you to develop the learning and well-being of children and young people.
We are working in conjunction with a secondary school in Wrexham in their search for a Cover Supervisor. This particular post is due to begin after February half-term, but there is every chance this will begin sooner and finish at the end of the academic year.
We prioritise your career development, offering flexible supervising roles with the potential of gaining a place on a PGCE programme.
You develop confidence, self-esteem and aspiration in your pupils – let us do the same for you.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of educators… We have walked in your shoes and worked in your world.
Educate Group was created by a team of highly experienced, like-minded individuals, with a shared vision to create a truly unique and powerful end-to-end support service for educational settings. We pride ourselves on recruiting high quality staff for schools, providing sector leading teacher training pathways and creating bespoke alternative provision packages for young people. Each member of the Educate team brings a unique and varied skill set to the organisation, having worked in a wide range of educational settings.
What will I be expected to do?
Your role will be to supervise cover work set by the Teacher in their absence between the hours of 08.30 to 15.30. You will be expected to manage the behaviour of pupils in line with the school’s behaviour policy, respond to any questions that pupils might have about the process, collect any work at the end of each lesson and report back as appropriate on any issues that arose.
What qualifications do I need?
A relevant undergraduate degree or Level 3 qualification and GCSE passes (or equivalent) in both maths and English.
What skills or qualities do I need?
You will need strong behaviour management skills and a presence in the classroom is vital. A sense of humour and an abundance of patience is also required, as is the need to be punctual.
What experience do I need?
You will be asked to provide referable experience relating to you working with children through any one of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor
- Sports Coach
- Volunteering as part of university study
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU’s)
- Children Care Homes
- ALN/SEND Schools
What registrations do I need to hold?
A clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service and registration with the EWC (Education Workforce Council). A new DBS can be processed through Educate.
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted PGCE/SCITT opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying ‘Thank You’
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 – 7 working days.
- Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on 01978 281881.
Hours Full Time