02. School Direct.
A one-year school-based training route leading to QTS with PGCE (the PGCE is validated by Leeds Beckett University).
Trainees spend a full-time year teaching and training in schools, but also attend provider-led workshop sessions to enhance understanding of the curriculum, general classroom practice and teaching pedagogy.
Our Partner Schools
Educate work with the following School Direct consortiums:
Northern Education Trust (NET) offer Secondary and Primary ITT within the trust. For a list of academies and locations click here. Successful candidates will be placed within one of the consortium schools.
Pudsey Primrose Hill Primary School offer Primary ITT in Leeds. For more information, please click here. Successful candidates will be placed within one of the consortium schools.
Yorkshire Inclusive Teaching School Alliance offer Primary ITT in Leeds and North and West Yorkshire. For more information, please click here.
- Excellent career outlook.
- Gain QTS with PGCE (the PGCE is validated by Leeds Beckett University).
- One-year course.
- Working and training alongside expert practitioners.
- Be a confident teacher accustomed to the challenges of the classroom by the time you qualify.
- An undergraduate degree.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4/C or above (or the equivalent standard).
- A GCSE Science subject at Grade 4/C or above (or the equivalent standard) if you want to be a Primary school teacher.
- If your qualifications are not of the required level, you can take our GCSE equivalence tests. Click here to learn more
- Evidence of subject knowledge should you wish to train in Secondary.
- Educate Teacher Training is the accredited ITT provider for School Direct partnerships across the country. Please note that you may be employed directly by the Lead School or by one of the partnership schools within the School Direct consortium. For more information and vacancies please contact us here.
- Applications go via GOV.UK